My main research fields are the Economics of Technical Change and Economic Growth; Firm-Level Data Analysis; Bayesian Econometrics; and Information Theory. The following is the list of published journal articles, book chapters, and working papers. I also include some ongoing projects in Work in Progress section.
1. Yang, J. and Carro, A., “Two Tales of Complex System Analysis: ABM and MaxEnt”, European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 2020.
2. Scharfenaker, E and Yang, J., “Maximum Entropy Economics”, European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 2020.
3. dos Santos, P. and Yang, J., “Arbitrage, Information, and the Competitive Organization of Profitability Distributions”, Advances in Complex Systems, 2020.
4. Yang, J. and Torres, D., “The Persistent Statistical Structure of the US Input-Output Coefficient Matrices: 1963-2007,” Economic Systems Research, 2019
1. Yang, J., “Information-Theoretic Model of Induced Technological Change: Theory and Empirics”, Under Review.
2. Torsten Heinrich, Yang, J., Shuanping Dai, “Levels of structural change: An analysis of China’s development push 1998-2014,“ Under Review.
3. Yang, J., Torsten Heinrich, and Julian Winkler, François Lafond, Pantelis Koutroumpis, and Doyne Farmer, “Measuring Productivity Dispersion: a Parametric Approach Using the Levy α-Stable Distribution,” Submitted.
4. Ilan Strauss & Yang, J., “Corporate Secular Stagnation: Empirical Evidence on the Advanced Economy Investment Slowdown,” Submitted.
5. Ilan Strauss & Yang, J., “Empirical Evidence on the Slowing in Developing Economy Corporate Investment Rates,” Submitted.
6. Yang, J., Luis Daniel Torres Gonzalez, Advait Rajagopal, “Economic development and the structure of input-output linkages,” Submitted.
Work in Progress
- “Information-Constrained Behavior, Technological Frontier, and Equilibrium: Theory and Simulations”
- “Heterogeneity and Persistence of Product Price Changes,” with
Valentina Semenova, François Lafond, and Doyne Farmer
- “Heterogeneity and Persistence: Frequency distributions of firm-level variables,” with Torsten Heinrich
- “Firm-Level Wage Dispersion,” with Julian Winkler
- “Bayesian Meta-Analysis of Impact of Innovation”
- “Analyzing Financial Statements using Information Theory: Going beyond Henri Theil”