My main research fields are the Economics of Technical Change and Economic Growth; Firm-Level Data Analysis; Bayesian Econometrics; and Information Theory. The following is the list of published journal articles, book chapters, and working papers. I also include some ongoing projects in Work in Progress section.
1. Yang, J. and Carro, A., “Two Tales of Complex System Analysis: ABM and MaxEnt,” European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 2020.
2. Scharfenaker, E and Yang, J., “Maximum Entropy Economics,” European Physical Journal: Special Topics, 2020.
3. dos Santos, P. and Yang, J., “Capital Mobility, Quasi-rents, and the Competitive Self-organization of Distributions of Profitability,” Advances in Complex Systems, 2020.
4. Yang, J. and Torres, D., “The Persistent Statistical Structure of the US Input-Output Coefficient Matrices: 1963-2007,” Economic Systems Research, 2019
5. Yang, J., “A Quantal Response Statistical Equilibrium Model of Induced Technical Change in an Interactive Factor Market: Firm-Level Evidence in the EU Economies,” Entropy, 2018
6. Yang, J., “Information-Theoretic Approaches in Economics,” The Journal of Economic Surveys, 2017
1. Yang, J., “Information-Theoretic Model of Induced Technological Change: Theory and Empirics”, Under Review.
2. Torsten Heinrich, Yang, J., Shuanping Dai, “Levels of structural change: An analysis of China’s development push 1998-2014,“ Under Review.
3. Yang, J., Torsten Heinrich, and Julian Winkler, François Lafond, Pantelis Koutroumpis, and Doyne Farmer, “Measuring Productivity Dispersion: a Parametric Approach Using the Levy α-Stable Distribution,” Under Review.
4. Ilan Strauss & Yang, J., “Corporate Secular Stagnation: Empirical Evidence on the Advanced Economy Investment Slowdown,” Under Review.
5. Ilan Strauss & Yang, J., “Empirical Evidence on the Slowing in Developing Economy Corporate Investment Rates,” Under Review.
6. Yang, J., Luis Daniel Torres Gonzalez, Advait Rajagopal, “Economic development and the structure of input-output linkages.”
Work in Progress
- “Information-Constrained Behavior, Technological Frontier, and Equilibrium: Theory and Simulations”
- “Heterogeneity and Persistence of Product Price Changes,” with
Valentina Semenova, François Lafond, and Doyne Farmer
- “Heterogeneity and Persistence: Frequency distributions of firm-level variables,” with Torsten Heinrich
- “Hierarchical maximum entropy estimation with a heavy-tail density”
- “Bayesian Meta-Analysis of Impact of Innovation”
- “Analyzing Financial Statements using Information Theory: Going beyond Henri Theil”